Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Duterte rejects Robredo as successor, says Naga a ‘hotbed of shabu’

President Rodrigo Duterte said on Tuesday that Naga City, the hometown of Vice President Ma. Leonor “Leni” Robredo, was once a “hotbed of shabu.”

Duterte made this remark as he again belittled Robredo’s abilities as a leader.

The President said he was ready to “step down and retire” should the military and the police find his right successor.

“The problem is, I cannot suggest to them that you follow the succession which is really the Constitution, but if they do it, I said go ahead. I am hesitant to suggest a constitutional succession,” he said in a speech during a business event in Malacañang.

Under the 1987 Constitution, the vice president becomes the president should the highest political post in the country becomes vacant.

“I have nothing against Robredo. She’s a lawyer, you’ve heard her talk. But I do not think she can improve on anything here. Of course, she will deny it,” Duterte said.

He went on and said that Naga City was a hotbed of illegal drugs.

“You can ask the hotbed of shabu. In the past years. I will not mention the name. It was Naga City. It was in Naga City,” he said.

“So I said, I won’t suggest to the military,” he added.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1021315/duterte-rejects-robredo-as-his-successor-says-naga-a-hotbed-of-shabu

No comments:

Post a Comment