Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Paolo Paraiso found!

Paolo Paraiso is paradise in the flesh. Those eyebrows, that skin, that face! And I found him. Okay, so not really. Somebody else did, but we’re all happy that somebody did. Paolo seems to have everything that the young, the bold and the beautiful (sounds like a soap opera!) want to get which obviously includes power, fame and fortune.

I’ve known Paolo for quite a long time now and I can safely say that he’s paradise to a lot of giggly girls and some grown women. That’s his effect on them – I don’t know why! As if! Might be because he’s sporty and adventurous… Hard to tell, right?

For this shoot, Paolo arrives in comfortable jeans and shirt. His hair has that whole windblown look which adds to his "resident pretty boy" appeal. Paolo gamely welcomed the facial from the good people of Facial Care Centre for Men. He looked so relaxed after it. I love their facials, by the way. They have products and services specifically for men! (It’s about time!)

Anyway, transforming into other things while constantly changing direction is something Paolo Paraiso has made into his career.

After treading the catwalk, he found himself among a stable of TV stars and has done a wide variety of things for both television and theater – a soap opera, a teen show, a sitcom and even a fantaserye. Paolo notes the many different types of acting he’s tried have all been part of a deliberate effort. "I want to experience a career that gives me the opportunity to play different types of roles. From kontrabida to bida, lover to fighter, macho to parlor gay." Parlor gay? What’s that? I never knew there were different kinds.

For someone whose job banks on his looks, his clothes and his image, Paolo admits he never really puts much thought into what he wears. "I’ve never considered myself fashionable. Even before I started modeling, I’d wear comfortable clothes. I usually go to Bench. I like their clothes because they’re no-fuss. I also remember back when I’d be reprimanded on my modeling jobs for wearing flip-flops. But after a few years, it became uso."

Paolo does seem to be a contradiction of sorts. Comfortable and laidback on the one hand, he’s quick to add that he likes men’s suits. "A classic black suit is the best for me. It exudes style, confidence and sophistication."

All these opposing fashion statements seem to come from the way he picks his clothes. Surprisingly, he dresses up depending on the kind of music that he’s listening to. "I have different phases. I enjoy listening to different kinds of music. So my musical mood dictates what kind of style I will wear." Following his line of thinking, I have Akon’s song on repeat. So I guess I’ll be hitting the city in R&B fashion tonight!

So what does a guy like Paolo spend his money on? "I love to buy T-shirts. Although I have tons of shirts at home, I only wear six to nine pieces all the time. I am a sucker for a statement/graphic shirt." He’s not kidding: Paolo wears the same shirts all the time even if he has a million pesos to his name. Actually, his love of shirts gave him the idea to start his own graphic statement T-shirt business, which is currently in the works. I will most definitely look out for that!

With all these things going on for Paolo, at the risk of sounding like a voice out of Star Wars, this slice of paradise is really a force to reckon with.

Your name: Paolo Paraiso

Your chief characteristic: Diversity.

Your favorite qualities in a man: Confidence and honesty.

Your favorite qualities in a woman: Smoothness, wit, perfection…

Your favorite quality in friends: Loyalty.

Your biggest flaw: I don’t know. Someone has to tell me what it is.

Your favorite occupation: Modeling.

Your idea of happiness: Happiness is being content with what you have.

Your idea of misery: Wanting more and having more than what you need. Abundance precedes misery.

If not yourself, who would you be? Maybe a high-level executive in the corporate world.

Where would you like to live? By the beach.

Your favorite color: Green.

Your favorite heroes in fiction: Superman and Batman.

Your favorite composers: Mozart, Beethoven and Ogie Alcasid.

Your favorite painter: Robby Mananquil.

Your favorite heroes in real life: Andres Bonifacio and Jose Rizal.

Your favorite name: Tomas.

Your pet peeve: Women with bright-red nail polish.

What gift from nature would you like to have? My own island.

How would you like to die? Without any pain.

What is your present state of mind? I wouldn’t know… I always change my mind.

For what fault have you the most tolerance? I can tolerate stupidity.

Your favorite motto: "Live and let live."

How do you make time for yourself? It’s just a matter of prioritizing yourself.

Where and when was your favorite trip? It’s not the place but who you are with.

Name the place and exact time when you felt happiest: Chicago, Illinois, the birth of Tomas, my son.

Your favorite time of the day: Sleeping time.

What do you think was the best time in your life so far? When I was in college, I thought high school was the best time I had. After college, I thought that college was the best.

The one thing I would rescue first in case of a calamity is: My survival kit.

I wish I had more time to: Sit back and relax at the beach.

If I’m not too busy, I always spend time with: Tomas

The last place you want to be if you run out of time: In the toilet doing my business.

Given the chance to travel through time, where would you want to end up? The past. I want to change history and rule the world.

What do you like to spend your money on? Things that make me happy.

Your biggest extravagance: Myself.

– Based on The Marcel Proust Questionnaire

https://www.philstar.com/lifestyle/fashion-and-beauty/2007/01/24/381503/paolo-paraiso-found

No comments:

Post a Comment